Teeth can appear duller for a number of reasons, such as diet, ageing, certain medications, smoking and trauma. Teeth whitening is a gentle chemical process used to eliminate discolouration and lighten teeth, giving you a noticeably brighter and more youthful looking smile.
Teeth whitening does not provide permanent results but you can reuse the mouth trays and purchase more gel if a top-up is required.
If you are unhappy with your dull, discoloured teeth, whitening can really help brighten up your smile. Dentist supervised home whitening offers a safer, more effective alternative to shop bought kits as the mouth trays are designed to fit you comfortably and securely, allowing the active gel to work more effectively. It can also be carried out at times to suit you, in the comfort of your own home.
Although this treatment is carried out at home, we still keep a close eye on your teeth to lessen any gum irritation and tooth sensitivity.
This involves applying a bleaching agent to the outer surface of the tooth in the following ways:
- Impressions are taken of your teeth so customised whitening trays can be produced to fit comfortably and securely.
- When ready, you will wear these at home with a bleaching gel for a specified length of time each day.
- After completing the treatment, which will take a few weeks, you will attend a follow-up appointment to check your teeth have been successfully lightened.
Professional home whitening treatment is a superior alternative to kits that can be bought over-the-counter because the mouth trays are designed to be a perfect fit, which allows the active gel to work more effectively. The bleaching agent is also stronger and offers enhanced lightening power.
We recommend you use our home whitening kits as, not only are they more effective, they also allow us to keep a close eye on your teeth and help avoid side effects such as gum irritation and tooth sensitivity.
This involves placing a whitening agent inside a discoloured tooth that has had root canal therapy, which means the inner part of the tooth (the ‘pulp’) has been removed and replaced with a rubber filling.
- The lightening product is inserted into a drilled hole which is then sealed with a temporary filling.
- About a week later, the filling and the bleach are removed and, if necessary, the process is repeated. When the ideal shade is achieved, the hole is permanently sealed with a tooth coloured filling.
Teeth whitening will only work on natural teeth and will not be effective on replacement ‘false’ teeth such as crowns, veneers or dentures. However, they can be replaced to match newly whitened teeth.
You can help maintain the whiteness of your teeth by avoiding food and drink that may cause staining, and brushing your teeth at least twice a day.
Teeth whitening does not give permanent results but home whitening trays can be reused if a top-up is necessary.
KÖR Professional Home Teeth Whitening – £399
What is it?
The most advanced and powerful whitening system available in London (and the world too!). The home whitening kit contains custom made trays with desensitize and whitening gel.
Who is it for?
For those who want to maximize the brightness of their smile or for people with extensive stains. This treatment is designed for those who want to achieve the whitest shade for their teeth.